Nuffnang

Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Dead Buyer

I am sure many of you have come across the ubiquitous dead buyers on Carousell.

"Confirm buying, bro!"


Those who ask plenty of questions about item, payment and deal venue and time, machiam like 101% confirm buying. Some even has the cheek to tell you, "Yes bro, confirm I buying", "I message you later when I on my way to your place"

Died on the way to meeting place for the deal


Hours, days later, this buyer probably met an accident on the way to meet you and died along the way to hospital...or so it seems because at the rate of Carousell buyers dying, there are many dead people every day killed by Carousell alone.
If you are lucky, you are still at home and have not set off to meet the person.
If you are unlucky, you meet those who confirmed time and place with you, then simply don't turn up and don't answer your call.

Personally, I have met 2 of such dead buyers.

Cause of Death : Exhaustion


The first one confirmed the time and place with me, just 30 minutes prior to meeting time. So I guess he was on the way since he gave me such a short notice. 10 minutes prior to the meeting time, being the punctual and responsible Carouseller that I am, I set off from my home to meet him at the designated place nearby.
5 minutes before time, this idiot messaged me and said "Sorry bro, can't meet you. Very tired. Another day can?" WTF? And yes, there is no "another day" because he died from exhaustion that day.

Cause of Death : Died on the way


The second one arranged and confirmed with me the time. He was driving to meet me at my location. Which is good for me, since I don't have much to lose.

Right up to 10 minutes before the scheduled time, I asked him whether he was coming, he can even replied that he is nearby and trying to ask me for directions to my place.

Again, being the punctual and responsible Carouseller that I am, I went down and waited for him since he could be here anytime. From 10 minutes before our appointment time till 20 minutes after our appointment time, there was no reply. Not wanting to sound desperate, I did not bother to call him and went back to my house.

Many days after, I have not heard from this guy. Presumably dead, I somehow miraculously resurrected him much later....

How To Resurrect A Dead Buyer


Carousell is so powerful, it allows you to de-clutter your home, earn some side income and even save lives - resurrect lives to be exact.

Here's how I did it.

By a stroke of luck, the second buyer mentioned above had made an offer to buy. Since I gave him the benefit of doubt, I did not use the rating systems on him for a few weeks. But since a few weeks has passed and I believe he has also passed away like most other Carousell dead buyers, I decided to leave him a bad rating just for fun to test for reaction - like poking a corpse to see if they still can respond.

True enough, his response to my rating was swift. Coming up with the lamest of excuses on why he didn't show up - his hand phone battery was flat. Oh right, you were so near to my place and you didnt even show up at my location even though I waited an extra 20 minutes for you. Surely your handphone battery was flat but your car still had petrol right?

The classic part is that he even tried to portray himself as the remorseful buyer - offering to pay the item's price to me as compensation. Yah right, talk is free and how are you going to pay me? By flying aeroplane another time? You are not dealing with Primary School kid, you are dealing with the School Principal here. By right he should pay me more, since I resurrect him from the dead.

How to resurrect a dead Carouseller.

Many Carousellers have been resurrected from the dead by other fellow Carousellers before. If you read some of the negative ratings on the dead buyers, you will often see the dead buyers replying with some lame excuses :-
"Sorry, I have my reasons."
"Busy at work thats why didnt answer your calls"
"Handphone battery flat suddenly"
"Suddenly emergency at home, thats why need to rush home"

Some resurrected Carousellers are so ungrateful, they even bite the hand that resurrect them by leaving bad ratings for their saviours.

Carousell ratings is a rich source of entertainment on a boring day.




2 comments:

  1. Humorous post. I was so angry about the dead buyer who made me wait an hour and she also said she driving to my location. Then she died halfway also. I am still very pissed off because i had many things to do. This post cheered me up somehow hahahahah knowing that im not alone. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Humorous post. I was so angry about the dead buyer who made me wait an hour and she also said she driving to my location. Then she died halfway also. I am still very pissed off because i had many things to do. This post cheered me up somehow hahahahah knowing that im not alone. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete